Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) technology is the next frontier for businesses looking to streamline processes, increase productivity and ultimately improve the bottom-line.
IPA typically uses artificial intelligence to handle repetitive, rules-based, back-office tasks. And the market is about to experience a period of "explosive" growth.
The IPA/RPA market grew 64 percent to $200 million last year and is expected to grow 70 to 90 percent by 2020 because successful pilot projects are inspiring buyer confidence in the technology, the consulting and research firm reports.
However, there are some barriers to adoption, such as IT departments concerned about data security and loss of control. Plus, replacing staff with robots in some sectors, such as government, could become a political minefield.
Join us at IPA Summit in March to hear from subject matter experts currently evaluating IPA for their businesses in areas such as Finance, Procurement, HR, Outsourcing, Automation, etc.
While Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) is often the first tool to garner investment as it leads to quick wins with a lower investment, IPA is only one tool in the automation toolbox, and this event covers the gamut of intelligent automation technologies including cognitive, machine learning, AI, and more.
What are the key success factors for IPA, what works and what does'nt, Governance and Change managementthat ensures your IPA is sustainable and scalesSpeaker Profile
Swami is passionate about the power of IT driven transformation and how to use it to yield maximum business results for clients across the globe for the past 25 years with KPMG and IBM. He is currently IBM's APAC Automation Solution & Offerings Leader. A founding member of IBM's Automation team since its inception in 2015, he established a team and developed guidance, baselines and business cases for automation for various RPA tools such as BluePrism, WinAuto, Automation Anywhere, UIPath etc. He led automation process assessments for a no of clients including BNP Paribas, SONY, Daimler Benz to help them select, prioritise the right processes to automate, a key success factor for sustainable automation. He co-developed with Forrester IBM's Automation ROI model which highlights the various benefits of automation beyond cost reduction thus presents a holistic, sustainable business case for automation. In particular, Swami specialises in helping clients combine RPA with AI, popularly knows as "intelligent automation" and helps IBM and its clients innovate. Prior to this, Swami led the Lean Six Sigma CoE within IBM GBS globally. He program managed the productivity improvements across the 8+ Global Delivery Centers by working with the senior leadership teams in the global delivery centers to understand their business goals and demonstrate how Lean six Sigma CoE can help them achieve these goals. His main KPI's are :
USD Benefits delivered by the productivity program
DNA - no of practitioners who are trained on continuous improvement
DNA - no of practitioners who go on to become champions of continuous improvement Swami had to ensure the selection of the right projects to deliver the above KPI's within CoE budget. Swami joined IBM in 2010 from KPMG (Middle East & London) where, as a Director of IT Consulting, he established the practice and scoped, sold and led several IT strategy, package selection, IT security and ERP implementation engagements.
Being part of the RPA CoE and having worked on multiple RPA/IPA projects across various domains & in different scales working closely with IT teams here are few key pointers for reducing friction between RPA CoE & IT.
1. Roles and responsibilities of CoE vs IT across various stages of RPA implementation.
2. Basics of organizations need to view/approach RPA/IPA implementation in collaboration with other existing Digital technologies, ongoing IT initiatives & other automation/digitization options available..
3. CoE's clear understanding of the need & scope for the RPA/IPA implementation across the companies landscape, doing a clear cost benefit analysis and understanding of the outcome/results and agreeing with the stakeholders.
Vijay Ananthanarayanan is an Industrial Engineering & Management professional currently working as an Senior Technical Consultant with Larsen & Toubro Construction. Prior to that he was an Independent RPA Consultant and also has experience as an Solution Architect & Program manager for Hewlett Packard Enterprise in it's Robotics CoE journey helping both the company & it's external clients narrow the gap on its Digital transformation journey. His quest is to narrow the gap between Process & Technology and marry the Business needs to their digital transformation efforts that provides a long term win-win solution for the organization.Vijay Ananthanarayanan Senior Technical Consultant with Larsen & Toubro Construction
Will be covering the following sections in detail.
1. Types of Automation and IPA technologies landscape
2. Automation Continuum
3. Sophistication of solution
4. Industry View on the IPA Vendors
5. IPA tools comparison - key feature comparison - Deep Dive
6. Best Practices - Common and Tools specific ( sharing implementation experience)
I would like to cover the following
1. Infra architecture of various tools in the market ( AA, BP,UIpath etc)
2. System requirement
3. Detailed deep dive in each infra architecture
4. RPA infa comparison
5. Pros and Cons
Following points will be covered in this presentation
1) How is RPA and AI linked? Is there any common plank they meet?
2) Which areas do RPA cover and which AI
3) What are the different testing methodologies to test AI deployments
4) Process and tools to get ourselves prepared for this.
Background, Scope and Business Case
One of the Top Comtech Major had complete manual processing for billing systems, sales file consolidation and complete billing and payments treatment and accounting while the organization had financial module it didn’t have the ability to detect rejected transactions, and exceptional transactions processed. Since this transaction happens both in Order to Cash and Procure to Pay area the overall volume of transactions were as high as 15000 invoices and 12000 orders per month and the entire handling was challenging and lot of control accounts were used instead of suspense account for balancing transactions, there were no SL to GL mapping. The key objective of initiating RPA was to control the cash handling and the collections handling seamlessly and advocate for the right set of internal controls rolled up at the system level
Scope included the entire Contract to Cash life cycle to start with and subsequently the entire scope included the fully completed AR and AP process which is currently in progress
Need for RPA
1. Globally Consistent financial processes across markets from system entry to subledger to GL and Statement of accounts including and up to Balance sheets and controls around cash and expense related invoices
2. Treatment of prepayments and accruals across nett off transactions where both vendor and customer are same
3. PO to Invoice mapping reconciliations for Dr and Cr adjustments
4. Exception reporting and Rejected Transactions to be periodically reviewed with Markets team
5. Governance on process variations and recommend change or move to remediation team
6. Standardization of the existing clean up's by monitoring actively (e.g. : Vendor Debit Balance, Clearing accounts, Suspense accounts etc)
7. System control audit files that fail the controls and entries that are made without versioning of financial entries and cash handling as this customer had a majority of markets using cash and they had maximum credit period of one month or debtor cycle as one month
8. Single view of the C2C process for all the PMO, Market and vertical stakeholders and possible fraudulent transactions reporting on the floor
Our Solution Approach
1. Structured process identification and events to impact mapping starting from PO to Invoice to Receipts to Collections to SL to GL mapping
2. Value streams on possible transactions that will be exceptions
3. Intelligent and Non intelligent robots to identify exceptions
4. Heatmaps to look at trends data and possible missed transactions and suspense postings
5. End to End Automation of the process through workflow based tool and come up with scorecard to represent the metrics
6. Classify and handle these appropriations
The IPA Conferences features insightful talks by recognized thought-leaders addressing the actual developments and trends in IPA. Discussions and presentations by a variety of speakers at a series of past and upcoming events elucidate solution based details that will help you face IPA challenges with confidence. You will find a mix of speakers from diverse organizations sharing their real experiences and expert insights with the event participants.
Use this opportunity to improve the visibility of your organization Instant Sponsorship : Avail instant sponsorship at just USD 2000 Instant Sponsorship Includes : Branding of your company as Bronze Sponsor - Company's Logo on the event page with cross link to your website.
One Speaking Slot (45 min -non sales talk).
10% discount on registration fee for any delegate from your organization.
Full day attendance at the event with lunch.
1 x Roll up stand / Brochure distribution at the event.
Online Interview post of your company's senior executive at our media portal
For Silver, Gold Platinum & Titanium Sponsorship opportunites, please request for Sponsorship Brochure via email at
Instant Sponsorship :
Avail instant sponsorship at just USD 2000
Instant Sponsorship Includes :
Branding of your company as Bronze Sponsor - Company's Logo on the event page with cross link to your website.